Saturday, August 20, 2011

This is what I am talking about.......

WOW!  I just left the Barnes and Noble, tonight Wayne Pacelle was talking about his book titled  " The Bond". For those of you not familiar, Wayne Pacelle is the president and CEO of the Humane Society of America.  This is exactly what I am talking about in my blog.  Well, I am not a published author.  I had no idea Wayne Pacelle was writing such a book, or should I say novel.  I stood and watched all the people who had come to hear him speak about animals and the human bond.  I could not believe how many people there were crammed in this Barnes and Noble.  I was very moved by what he spoke about and what the very core of his novel is written about.

  An excerpt:   "There is something universal about the bond we have with animals -- an instinct to have them in our lives, to be near them and care for them," Pacelle writes in his Introduction.

I did not purchase his book tonight.  Although I plan on looking for it in the library. 
It is this animal bond that I feel alot of people share. I really enjoyed hearing Wayne speak tonight.

2 comments:

  1. I don't understand how people get by with no animals in their lives. I can't imagine my life without an animal in it. I always say I don't want another one when the last one passes, but that's not true. I will always need an animal companion. Each one is different and each one brings it's own unique love and personality with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the reply. I totally agree with you.

      Delete