Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Rainbow Bridge

I would like to share with all who read my blog this very special poem about "The Rainbow Bridge".  This is written by an an unknown author.  I dearly love this special poem.

    Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.  When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to the Rainbow Bridge.  There are meadows and hills for all our special friends so they can run and play together.  There is plenty of food, water, and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.  All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who are hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. 

    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing:  they miss someone very special, someone who was left behind.  They all run and play together, but the day comes when suddenly one stops and looks into the distance.  His bright eyes are intent; his eager body begins to quiver.  Suddenly he breaks from the group, flying over the green grass, faster and faster.

    You have been spotted and when you and your special friend finally meet,  you cling together in  joyous reunion, never to be parted again.  The happy kisses rain upon your face;  your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more in those trusting eyes, so long from your life, but never absent from your heart.  Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together...........

                                                                                                              ---Author Unknown

                                     Coping with Pet Loss      

 I really hope you enjoyed that poem.  I have cried many tears through the years for the loving, sweet souls I have had to let go.  I never tire of reading this poem. It is such a comforting reminder.   I am certainly looking forward to being reunited with my special friends. 
      If you have heard it before,  I hope it brings good memories and a reminder of something to look forward to one day.  If you have never heard it, then I hope it touches your heart and gives you some comfort and hope that you too can be reunited with your special friends one day.  If you have another special poem that you would like to share then I would really like to hear it.

2 comments:

  1. I like this poem. I too have love for animals. Dogs and cats, birds and lizards, hamsters and fish. Domesticated and wild. Life wouldn't be the same without my animal friends. I like this column.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words. I really appreciate it. I will keep up the funny and heart warming stories.

    ReplyDelete