Thursday, August 4, 2011

My life as the animal caretaker.

Well, here I am again.  I am the animal caretaker.  I have always loved animals my entire life.  For as long as I can remember I have taken care of some poor abandoned, injured creature.  I should have been a veterinarian, I thought seriously about it when I was younger.  I came from a dysfunctional family, therefore, I did not have any real support for my dream as a Veterinarian. I lacked confidence in myself to actually make it through the school, plus being from a low income family I knew there was no money available to send me to Vet school.  I just continued to be the one everyone came to when something dragged up on the porch.  I have taken care of so many different creatures.  I have raised a litter of baby kittens.  I have raised a litter of baby puppies. Actually I have raised several litters of puppies and kittens.  I have raised a baby squirrel. I once had three baby oppossums for a while. I gave them to the wildlife commission because they were a handful.  I have nursed birds and flying squirels.  So many animals have been under the care of my steady and loving hands.  Here in the past few years I still have one of my babies.  A small framed cat that I raised from three days old.  Her name is Trinty because she was three days old when I got her. She had three brothers and sisters, I say had because they had all died before I was called to save the last one. And I got her on the third day of April in the year 2000.  She is my baby out right.  I lovingly call her boobooday, after the Harry Belefonte song "MaMa look a BooBooDay"  she will always be mama's little boobooday.  Even though it is alot of hard work I love it.  I still dream of working with animals.  I am at a crossroads, so to speak, in my life right now.  I am considering taking a Veterinary Tech course.  I am continually amazed at the personalities of animals.  I will always love them and even though it can get tiresome I always love the look of trust and love in those beautiful eyes as you help and care for a wayward soul.  I have so many stories to share about the events in my life that are about animals.  I will continue to share sad, funny, heart wrenching stories from my past.  It always seemed that animals were my calling.  I ended up fixing things for a living.  I can fix just about anything. I am very good with my hands.  I suppose that was the next alternative to being able to fix sick and injured animals.  I think life is more full if you are surrounded by animals. There is something good and wholesome about them. Anyone who loves animals can relate to that.  I think I will look into going after my dream of taking care of animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment