Thursday, September 8, 2011

The path I am taking

Well It has been a while since I last wrote anything.  I have been hoping someone would make some comments as to suggest some material.  I have also been somewhat depressed over the passing of my beloved cat Hailey. 

      So I am here again and just wanted to reach out and let everyone know what has been going on.  I am going to start to volunteer at my local animal shelter.   I have decided  that if I want to pursue  a career change to animal health and care the best place to start is to volunteer at the shelter.  I can learn valuable skills and start off with helping animals in need.  From there I can build a portfolio of experience with working with animals.   Then I will be able to look for positions at some local veterinary hospitals.  There is no greater reward then to help an animal in need.  Animals do not pick their demise.  They are the victims of humans dysfunction.  My goal and plan is to learn and then through this blog and other venues,  educate more people about the health and welfare of our domesticated animal friends and companions.  Of course I will also share funny and touching and heart warming stories about what I see and learn about animals along the way.  I believe this is the right path for me to follow as I journey through life.

I will close for now and send good wishes your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment