Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My Review of "World's Best Cat Litter" Multiple cat

    I would like to give a review of World’s Best Cat Litter Multiple Cat Clumping Formula, and World’s Best Cat Litter (WBCL).  The litter a is corn-based litter.  Let me lay down some ground work before I continue with my review.

     Previously I have tried numerous litters.  All the clay based ones, and the pearls.  I also reverted back to the old original Tidy Cat non-scoop.  Then I tried the new Breeze Cat litter system.  That was a challenge going from a clay based scoopable to the large pellets in the Breeze system.  I eventually convinced my cats to use the Breeze system.     The Breeze system was not so bad.  It was certainly nice not having to carry those heavy 20 pound boxes and bags of clay litter.  All you had to do was buy the special pee-pads and pellets.  The problem with that was the price.  If you only had one cat then it might not be such an issue.  I had three cats.  I ended up having to change the pad everyday.  It cost $4.36 per pack of 4 pads. That was the Walmart price too.  I was spending more money on this type of litter system.  The clean up was also rather challenging.  My one cat was prone to loose stools, which would fall between the pellets and collect on the plactic mesh, so clean up time involved taking the entire box outside and scrubbing off the poo.  That was a nightmare. After too many of these episodes and reviewing my budget I started searching for a better litter.

     I supose I should mention that one night as I was thinking about my situation, and trying to figure out what to do, I ran across a T.V. show called "The Sharktank".  While watching this show there was a woman selling her solution to litter box nightmares.  She had invented a product call "CityKitty".
I bought it.   I was excited about the fact that I could teach my cats to now use the toilet!!  I really had high hopes in this.  I have to say with all honesty that I believe this would have worked.  I have to give this product justice.  It really came close to working for me.   You see, my problem was the fact that I have 3 cats ranging in age from 14, then 11, and 3.  The 3 year old, being the newest member and not very fond of other cats anyhow, was having a bad attitude about this new toilet training system.  She is a very clean cat; and no doubt if it was only for her she might would have really liked this idea.  But she hated and still hates the other two older cats and does not like to be around them and will not use a box that they have stepped in.  So when I moved all the boxes to the downstairs bathroom to start training them to "go" to the toilet box, she just started soiling the house.  This was not going to work.  The other two, having grown up together, seemed to be making a go at it.  The thing was that the box was only so big around and the idea was to cut out a center hole each week until they were going in the toilet.  Like I said, I believe it would have worked if I had only one cat or maybe two.  I could not keep up with them going in that small oval box.   The point here being, you were suposed to use a "Flushable" liter to help with the training.  This is where I first discovered "World's Best Cat Litter."

    While attempting to train my cats to go to the toilet I discovered the best litter I had ever tried.  This "World's Best Cat Litter" is wonderful. 

There is virtually no dust.
It is very light in weight compared to the clays.
It has a pleasant odor, (and this is just the original)
It clumped well, and was not hard to scoop.
It stuck together well also. It was easy to get out of the box.
The poos also were easy to remove and because it is a flushable litter you can just flush away the feces and smell.  I only flush the feces.  I scoop and throw away the urine.


Review Round-up-

+ Very low to no dust
+ Great odor control
+ Flushable (as WBCL points out on their bag, regulations vary as to whether it is okay to flush litter box waste in your area)
+ Environmentally friendly. It’s made of corn so it’s completely biodegradable.
+ Requires less litter per pound than regular clumping litter to fill to the same level
+ Light texture making it easy to scoop all the way to the bottom of the box
+ Clumps well, but breaks down in water so it shouldn’t cause problems with plumbing
– Some cats and dogs may find it appealing to eat. It’s important to remember to monitor your pets to make sure they aren’t ingesting a large amount of litter. If they are this may not be the litter for them.   Any type of litter can be a problem. Since corn and other grained based products (including pet foods) can get a mold called aflatoxin, the litter box should not be kept and the litter should not be stored in damp areas as moisture can cause this mold to develop. Please if your cats show any signs of illness, get them to a vet! Cats, especially ones that are overweight, can develop a deadly condition called hepatic lipidosis if they are not eating regularly. Their body starts to metabolize their fat stores which their liver can not handle. This condition can happen for what seems like no reason, so please do not wait several days to see if your cat gets better.

– Some cats may have a problem with a sudden switch from the current litter, so a slow change-over may need to be done.



     This cat litter also comes in a scented formula that has lavender oil.  Some cats may not like this because they are sensitive to odors.  It seems to have a strong smell.  I prefer the original multicat formula in the red and black bag. There is also an original clumping formula, which I believe is for a single cat household.

    I am so happy to have discovered this litter.  It is so easy to maintain my cats litter boxes now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment